İyi Seyirler Dileriz.

Diary | The Girl Who Cried Wolf

Any other drama followers watching YG’s competition style documentary “WIN Who Is Next” on MNet chronicling the path to stardom for two YG trainee groups? At first I was only mildly interested in the show due to the Big Bang connection, but it is turning out to be quite the enjoyable fascinating. It’s like watching Dream High 3: The YG Hip Hop Battles. Drama fans, of course, will recognize Kang SeungYoon from High Kick 3, where he charmingly portrayed the country boy who dreamed of being a South Korean president.


It follows eleven insanely talented young men split into two groups consisting a mixture of rappers and singers, Team A and B, competing for a chance to debut under YG’s royal banner. It has human interest, it has suspense through various competitions, and above all, it is a glance into the real world trials of what idols endure to stand on a stage. Since idols frequently pop up in dramas, I say this is another fun dimension to the K-world to explore.
 
The rappers, from left to right: Bobby & leader B.I. of Team B
and Lee SeungHoon & leader Song MinHo of Team A
After years of rigorous practicing, these two teams are *this close* to finally achieving their dreams...how will they endure this final lap to the finish line? You couldn’t script this kind of heartbreak and dedication. It is my Friday must-watch non-drama drama. Granted, not a romantic comedy (haha) but definitely a dramedy.

Song MinHo (A), Kang SeungYoon (A), B.I. (B), Bobby (B), Nam TaeHyun (A)
These kids are fun to watch...and oh, the dancing and swagger. We can see why the YG artists are always such a cut above. I think it must be a base requirement to be overflowing with attitude to join this agency. And now that I have established favorite characters artists, I am invested. Unfortunately, they happen to be across teams.  I think I’m in for a heartbreak. Ha. Why do only one of these groups have to debut? I think kpop needs all of these kids. Come on, YG, don’t be shy, unleash them all on the world! I doubt anyone would mind.

Next week, Big Bang’s GD and Taeyang will be making cameos an appearance to coach the young ones.


Come on, how awesome and perfect is it that GD is wearing a Sex Pistols shirt? Be still, my heart.

Dramas I talk about after the jump: Master’s Sun (eps 11-12). If you haven’t watched Master’s Sun yet, don’t read on. Major ass spoilers ahead...because major ass things went down!
Read more »




Sinema Kanalları
Yerel Kanallar