İyi Seyirler Dileriz.

A KDRAMA RECOMMENDATION =)I Live in Cheongdam-dong (2012)

JTBC
Monday - Friday
Dec 2011 - Aug 2012


Out of nowhere, this seemingly innocuous little daily sitcom has completely stolen my heart, so much so that I’m posting it on a blog I’ve had little time to visit. I just want to declare my love!

I Live in Cheongdam-dong follows Kim HaeJa and her feisty daughter Oh JiEun, who relocate with their financially struggling family to the affluent neighborhood of Cheongdam-dong with hopes of changing their destiny, only to find that they can easily change their scenery but not who they are in their hearts. Not only is the drama adorably rich with likable characters such as an uncle who is a manhwa artist and an aunt who is an actress fallen from fame, unexpectedly, Cheongdam-dong also has within it one of the most engaging and endearing love triangles I’ve seen in a long while.

I am completely smitten:


Oh JiEun is our lead gal, and she has two dreams, one is to fall in love with a wealthy Cheongdam-dong guy and the other is to open a guksoo (noodle) shop. As she works at a fancy Italian restaurant by day and her family’s lowbrow manhwa reading room by night, two very different young men come into her life challenging her perceptions on love and friendship—1) HyunWoo is a happy go lucky guy, an aspiring singer songwriter who spends his days loafing around reading manhwa; 2) SangYeob is the quintessential Cheongdam-dong native, a rich and successful architect who spends most of his free time playing with friends and flirting through a line of willing girls. Both men are legitimate contenders for her heart, although of course, only one will prevail! It is so unusual and fantastic to enjoy a heroine’s chemistry and spark with BOTH her male leads.

(Naturally, it also does not hurt that HyunWoo is one of my favorite actors, most notably he was one of those sexy little idol chefs from Pasta)

It’s been a rather long while since I’ve felt so invested in a drama and its characters, the last time I’ve eagerly awaited every second of a romance between a girl and her men. The friendships, the cuteness, the humor, it is all pitch perfect, both entertaining but emotionally rewarding. The last time I’d fallen so in love with a cast of characters was possibly You’re Beautiful and High Kick 2. After such quality ventures as Padam Padam and Fermentation Family, I’m wondering if jTBC is the network that speaks to me as a drama watcher—intelligently written, charming, and dosed with plenty of character development!

FAN MV (spoiler’d vid)
src: almostotherly




Sinema Kanalları
Yerel Kanallar